Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday 23 May 2014

My Favourite Fake Eyelashes: Ardell's Demi Wispies


Hi guys. I have been a fan of wearing fake eyelashes on nights out and for special occasions for years now, ever since I first wore them four years ago to my Year 11 prom. As I have naturally short and fine lashes, mascara just isn't enough for me at night time to get the dramatic look that I desire. I have tried many different pairs of fake lashes over the years but this pair that I want to talk about today are my absolute favourites. So today, I thought that I would do a quick little post talking about these lashes.

I first heard about the Ardell Demi Wispies in one of Tanya Burr's videos a little while back, so I decided that I wanted to try and hunt them down immediately! I tracked them down in my local Sally's Beauty, which I luckily have a trade card for as I took a three day nail course with them last October (which you can read about here.) 
As I own a trade card and it was VAT free day in store too, I got these lashes a lot cheaper than usual but they retail at £5.49 from Boots.

Initially, on the tray, the lashes looked a little different to what I would usually go for. My lashes of choice before I converted to these lashes were usually Eylure's Katy Perry Cool Kitty Lashes (£5.95,) which are a different shape and style entirely. However, once I applied them, I was in love. The Demi Wispies add amazing length and volume without being too in your face or over the top. One thing I especially love about this particular pair is that the lash band is virtually undetectable, unlike some other high street brands where it is really obvious that you are wearing fake lashes. I absolutely love the fluttery and full effect that these eyelashes give, especially paired with some nice winged liner too, which is always my go-to evening look. The only down side to these lashes is that the version I bought did not come with any eyelash glue. However, I luckily have multiple tubes of Eylure glue that I have stashed in my drawer that I can use instead!

Overall, I absolutely adore these lashes and I highly recommend them. They are both lengthening and voluminous, which gives the most amazing end result. Not only this but the lashes hold their shape really well too, which means that you can get multiple uses out of one pair if you look after them properly! Have you ever tried these or any of the Ardell lashes before? What are your favourite fake lashes to wear on a night out? Please let me know by leaving a comment below. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Curling iron for fine hair and Curling iron for black hair. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Spa&Equipment websites.

    ReplyDelete