Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Thursday 3 April 2014

Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid Foundation Review



Hi guys. I think it takes a lot of time and experimentation to find a foundation that suits you perfectly. There is so much to consider when finding your perfect base; finish, coverage, colour and so on. So, when you finally find the right one for you, your foundation becomes your ultimate staple. This foundation for me is Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid Foundation (£7.99.) 

Ever since I discovered and started using this product a few years ago, I have fallen in love with it's formula! Maybelline claim that this foundation has the lightness of a mousse but in a liquid form, which automatically intrigued me, as I cannot stand products that feel really thick and cake-y on the skin. Due to the fact that the foundation is air-whipped, it glides on to the skin seamlessly and as its name suggests, it leaves you with a gorgeous satin finish. Although this is a medium coverage foundation, it is extremely buildable and if you use a tad more product for a night out, you can build it up to a fuller coverage and your skin looks flawless with absolutely no imperfections in sight!



As the formulation gives a satin finish, this means that it also gives your skin a subtle luminous glow too. This is not something that I would have automatically gone for due to my oily/combination skin, as most people with this skin type tend to opt for more matte products. However, when buffed in to my skin using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (which is part of their Core Collection,) this formula has great staying power! I also set my foundation with Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder (£3.99) to ensure that it is locked into place. Of course, I still do have trouble with oiliness on my T-zone as the day goes on but that is easily fixed by using blotting sheets or re-powdering. 



The colour I use is Ivory (010,) the second lightest out of the eight shades available, and this matches my skin perfectly. Although in the swatch above the foundation looks very yellow-toned compared to my pink-toned hand, I can assure you that it is my perfect match! However, as we go into the summer months and I hopefully catch a tan (the UK weather is pretty unpredictable,) I will probably buy the next shade down, Cameo, instead. Each bottle lasts me around three or four months and for just £7.99 a time, I do not see myself changing foundations any time soon!

Overall, this product is great for those who need a medium coverage that is buildable which has a natural, yet slightly luminous finish. It is definitely one of my absolute staples make-up wise and I do not see enough reviews or hype about this product in the blogging world. Have you ever used this foundation before? What do you think of it Please let me know in the comments below. Thank you!

12 comments:

  1. I love the maybelline foundations for a drugstore brand its my favourite :D the colours are always natural and it applies evenly x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Maybelline are one of the best drugstore brands in my opinion! Thank you for commenting Jenny :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love this foundation xx
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely post, just enough detail. I use this foundation myself and it is my holy grail! I get a shiny t-zone but with this, even though it is a satin finish, I have no issues which is really good. I too set this foundation with the Stay Matte powder from Rimmel, perfect combination x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebekah, I'm glad you liked it. I use those two products together too, the finish is brilliant :) x

      Delete
  4. I loved this foundation when I was younger! I may try it again x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it Kate, thank you for reading :) x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this shade still yellow toned or pink?

    ReplyDelete