Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday 28 April 2014

Boots 3 For 2 | Bourjois and Maybelline


Hi guys. Today, whilst running a few errands in town, I found myself caving in once again to the infamous Boots 3 for 2 offer. After finding out that this deal was back on last week, I tried to resist but I have finally given in and bought myself some new beauty goodies! There are so many products that are currently on my wish list, so it was very hard for me to whittle it down to just three - I could have spent an absolute fortune! With that being said, I settled on two Bourjois products and one Maybelline product; so here is what I think of them so far!

Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish in 06 Rose Cupcake - £5.99
First up is this really lovely nail polish from Bourjois. I have loved the 1 Seconde range for a long time now after having owned a few other colours in the past. Not only do these polishes dry relatively fast but they leave you with quite an opaque colour after just one coat as well, (although I still like to apply two!) Another great thing about this product is its flattened 'fan effect brush' which makes painting your nails a breeze, as you need just one swipe on each nail and you're done. Not only this but the gorgeous rosey pink colour is perfect for spring time too. Overall, I love this polish and I can see myself reaching for it a lot in the up and coming months!

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10 Light - £5.99
Next, I was in dire need of a new concealer that was not brightening or highlighting, as of course you do not want to use those types of formulas on blemishes or things that you want to conceal. So, after hearing lots of great things about Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer, I decided to give it a go. I went for the shade 10 'Light' as opposed to 15 'Fair' because it was too pink-toned and my skin is more yellow-toned. After trying the product out on a few blemished earlier, I am a little undecided as to whether I like it or not. The consistency was not as creamy as I was expecting and although it was not difficult to blend, it looked quite obvious on the skin and clung to dry patches. However, I am determined to continue using it to see if I start to enjoy the product more.




Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in 02 Frambourjoise - £8.99
Last but not least is a product that has been creating a lot of buzz around the beauty blogging community lately and I must say, they definitely live up to expectation! The Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks are, in my opinion, amazing. The shade I opted for is Frambourjoise, a bright and vibrant berry pink which looks lovely on. The formulation is very lightweight and they feel very smooth and buttery the lips - aka not sticky at all! This lipstick does give a beautiful matte finish but when you first apply the product, it is glossy and it does take around 5 to 10 minutes to fully dry. So far, I have had this product on all day and it is very long wearing; it hasn't budged at all, even after I have eaten. I only have two minor problems with this product. Firstly, it is quite hard to get a precise line using the doe foot applicator. So, I think that I am going to buy a new lip liner soon to accompany it and make the application process easier. Secondly, when you initially apply the product, it has a slightly odd smell to it. However, it is not too offensive and it fades pretty quickly, so I can easily overlook this. I am in love with this product so far that I am already eyeing up which shade I want to buy next, I'm thinking either Hot Pepper or Pink Pong! 

So, those are the three products that I purchased as part of the Boots 3 for 2 offer today. I absolutely love the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick, I think I'm addicted after just half a day! Have you tried any of these products out before? What did you think of them? Please let me know by leaving a comment below. Thank you :)

8 comments:

  1. Cute little haul, love that shade of the Bourjois lipsticks! I'm desperate to try Maybelline Fit Me concealer!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too Alexandra, I need to get more shades now! I'm still unsure on the Fit Me concealer but I hope I start enjoying it soon :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love the bourjois lipsticks x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Taylor, I definitely need more of them! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  3. I love bourjois products, that concealer is really good X

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Louise and I'm going to persist with the concealer and hope that I like it :) x

      Delete
  4. That Velvet lipstick is so pretty! Love the pigment x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so bright Gail, I love it too :) I definitely need some more shades! x

      Delete