Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil Review



Hi guys, today I thought that I would do a quick review on the Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil. I have been using Bio Oil for many years now and it has always done wonders for my skin in terms of clearing up acne scars and any discolouration/hyper pigmentation I may have. I had been out of Bio Oil for quite a while and whilst I was shopping with my friend in Sainsbury's the other day, I saw that the Palmer's version had a third off and so it was only around £4 which is so much cheaper than Bio Oil. So I thought to myself that I wanted to give this version a whirl as the offer instantly enticed me.

Although I have only been using this product for a couple of days, I can firmly say that it is much better than Bio Oil in my opinion! As shown on the packaging, the product claims to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, dry & damaged skin, uneven skin tone and aging skin. I have always been dubious about using a lot of oil-based products on my skin as I have combination skin which can get very shiny, and sometimes using too much excess oil on your face can clog up your pores and produce even more sebum (oil) than before. However, this has not been the case at all. 

I have been applying this oil to the blemish scars and marks on my face for a few days now and I can already see an improvement, I cannot believe it has started working so quickly! I find that this oil is a little thicker in consistency than Bio Oil and it feels a lot more luxurious and nourishing on my skin. I simply pump a little amount of the product on to my fingertips and massage it into my skin in circular motions to make sure that it is really absorbed well. On the directions of use, it says that you should 'gently massage into affected areas 3 times a day,' moreover, I have just been using this product once a day right before I go to sleep. The scent of this oil is same as all Palmer's products (a lovely, rich cocoa smell) but it is even more potent in oil form as opposed to the Palmer's body butters, which may put some people off as it is a little overpowering at times. Nevertheless, I really like the smell as I am a bit of a chocolate addict! 

Overall, my first impression of this product is excellent! I am really excited to keep on using it as the results I have gotten just by using the oil for a few days are very impressive. It is also an added bonus that Palmer's version of this oil is considerably cheaper than Bio Oil, which is the front runner in the oils department, and in my eyes it does a far better job from what I can tell so far. I highly recommend this product to anybody who wants to get rid of dark spots or blemish marks on their faces! I hope that this review has been useful and thank you for reading :)

4 comments:

  1. I have the hand cream from that brand and love it so i will be checking this out xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must try the hand cream, thank you :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love this oil is gives such beautiful results x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete