Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday 20 January 2014

Clinique's Superprimer Universal Face Primer Review


Hi guys. Today I thought that I would do a more in-depth review of Clinique's Superprimer Universal Face Primer, which I recently spoke about in my December Favourites post. I was lucky enough to receive this primer as a Christmas present from my parents and I couldn't be more grateful. I had been lusting after this product for a while because I had tried a tester of it a few months previously and fell in love with it instantaneously! 

Clinique released their Superprimer range last year and personally, I think that they are some of the best primers on the market (that I have tried.) Although I received the Universal Face Primer, which is more of a bog-standard primer, the other five products in the range all cater to specific skin problems. The Colour Corrects part of the line includes primers for those with one of the following issues with their skin: redness, dullness, sallowness, discolouration and dullness for those with deeper skin tones. As many of you beauty bloggers will already know, there are different colours that can counteract a vast array of skin problems to give you a nice, neutral base to apply the rest of your make-up on. 

Below is a list of the five tinted Colour Corrects primers and what skin problems they help to conceal:

Redness - a  yellow tinted primer to counteract redness.
Dullness - a pink tinted primer to brighten tired skin.
Dullness in deeper skin tonesa bronze tinted primer to correct dullness in darker skin.
Discolouration - a peach tinted primer to counteract dark spots and circles.
Sallowness - a lavender tinted primer to correct sallow skin.


The main difference between these two types of primers is their textures. The Universal Face Primer has a a liquid-y, smooth texture which mimics that of a moisturiser. On the other hand, the Colour Corrects primers are more like a whipped mousse texture. This reason for these difference is because the universal primer is water based whereas the others in the range are silicone based. However, all six variations of the primer are oil free!

As for this primer prolonging the wear of my make-up throughout the day, it certainly does the trick. I apply this product in the morning and it helps my foundation stay put all day rather than sliding off of my face, despite the fact that this primer is quite hydrating, which is a refreshing change seeing as I have incredibly oily/combination skin!  

I have also tried the discolouration primer after going to my local Clinique counter and asking for a sample so that I can try before I buy. They even put the sample in a really cute Clinique pot rather than giving me a tiny sachet, which I thought was pretty cool! The reason that I wanted to try this discolouration one is because I have seemed to acquire on acne scars and dark spots my cheeks in recent months (how annoying!) The peach-tinted mousse did very well at hiding this problem and I was really impressed, I definitely want to buy this one next!

Overall, the entire Superprimer range is a massive success in my eyes. I think that it is really great how Clinique have a created a range where there really is something for everybody, no matter what your skin type or colour is! I would love to know your thoughts on these primers if any of you have ever tried them before, so please do not hesitate to leave you thoughts and comments below. Thank you :)

4 comments:

  1. Great review I have not yet tried this but really want too! x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, I really do recommend this product if you can get your hands on it! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ouuu i'm defiantly looking into this on my next shopping trip! lovely review doll! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nia, I highly recommend it :) xx

      Delete