Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Thursday 9 January 2014

My First Ever Lush Products

Hi guys. This may come as a shock to a lot of you but up until now, I have never tried any Lush products (although I have always wanted to) and I really do not know the reason why! Granted, my nearest Lush store is about a 35-40 minute drive away and I do not often have a reason to travel to this particular shopping centre. However, I was lucky enough to be bought some Lush products as Christmas presents. I received a couple of bits from my best friend Laura and her Mum, which was really sweet, as well as a festive themed gift box from my boyfriend. So, today I thought that I would share with you my favourite products from the bunch. Let's get started!

Creamy Candy Bubble Bar - £2.50 each
This bubble bar is definitely my favourite of the bunch! As you can probably tell from the title, it has a lovely candy floss scent. Usually, I hate overly sweet scents but this one is really subtle. As I am a bit of a Lush beginner, I had to Google how to use a bubble bar and all you have to do is simply crumble a little bit of it under a running tap and it creates bubbles. I love how, unlike bath bombs, you can get multiple uses out of this product - which is great seeing as this one is my favourite! The bar also turned my bath water a baby pink, which was really nice. Not only this, the creamy texture of the bubble bar made me skin really soft and I got a few compliments on how I smelt, which shows how much this gorgeous scent lingers too. This product is definitely a winner! 


Lord Of Misrule Bath Bomb - £3.30 each
Next up is this Christmas-themed bath bomb. Looking at it's green exterior, I presumed that when I dropped this product into the bath the water would, of course, turn green. However, after dissolving for a little while, I noticed that the core of this bomb was a deep red/wine colour which eventually made it look like my bath was full of Ribenna or something! Not only was I amazed by the colour of my bath, the products scent was really lovely. According to Lush's website, this bomb includes vanilla mixed with black pepper and patchouli oil (whatever that is!) In addition, and unsurprisingly, Lord Of Misrule also made my skin feel really silky!

Karma Bubble Bar - £3.25 each
Last but not least is yet another lovely bubble bar, Karma. When I first unpackaged this particular bar, its bright and swirly design drew me in instantly. Doing exactly the same as I did with the Creamy Candy Bubble Bar, I broke off a fraction of the bar and crumbled it under the tap and was extremely pleased with the results. Karma produced a great amount of bubbles (though slightly less than Creamy Candy,) dyed the water a pastel orange/pink and it's fruity scent was heavenly. If any of you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that my favourite scents are usually fruity and light. The final bonus with this bar, as with every Lush product, was that my skin was left feeling lovely and incredibly nourished.

I hope that you all enjoyed reading about my first ever experience using Lush products. I am definitely hooked on this amazing brand and have already been browsing at what products I want to buy for myself next after I finish up all of the gifts that I received. What are your favourite Lush products? Let me know down below. Thank you :)

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog :)

    http://ohruby.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete