Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday 15 May 2015

Nourishing My Skin With Nivea


Over the past couple of weeks, my skin has really been suffering! I have had bouts of horrible dry patches, as well as my skin being more sensitive than usual. So, I wanted to pick up an affordable yet effective product to battle all of my current skincare woes. For an extremely reasonable £4.49, I opted for Nivea's Daily Essentials Sensitive Night Cream after browsing through what the budget-friendly brands were offering in my local Boots store. Having used the day version of this moisturiser in the past, I knew that it would probably be just as effective but its actually even better than I imagined!

The main things that Nivea's sensitive range helps to aid are redness, tightness and dryness. Its mild pH-neutral formula is free from all of the nasties (parabens, colouring and perfumes) that you might find in other moisturisers that are not specifically formulated for those whose skin is easily irritated. After reading up more about this lotion, I discovered that two of its main ingredients are licorice extract - which is a fantastic anti-inflammatory - and grape seed oil. Some of the other claims that Nivea listed are that this night cream calms your skin, provides intensive moisture and helps strengthen your skins barrier.

I can honestly say that even though I haven't been using this moisturiser for too long, my skin has already improved and my dry patches are definitely on the mend! Normally, I am not a big fan of night creams because they are so rich that it takes what seems like forever for them to sink in. However, the consistency of this night cream is perfect! It's a lovely consistency and it penetrates and seeps into my skin in a matter of minutes. Even after a couple of nights, my skin felt replenished and really supple. I would highly recommend this moisturiser to anybody who suffers with sensitive skin, whether it be mild like mine or more severe, as it really has worked wonders. Plus, for under a £5, its worth a try right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment