Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Friday 22 May 2015

A Mini Revlon Haul


After saving up lots of Boots Advantage Card points over the past six months or so, I finally decided to bite the bullet and spend them whilst I was in store on Wednesday! I was planning on saving up a few more points so that I could purchase a more high-end item but it turns out that nothing was really catching my eye. Plus, I have already asked for some 'posh' make-up for my birthday (which is next week - yay!) So, with £17 worth of points to spend, I ended up perusing the aisles for quite a while until I stumbled upon the Revlon stand. Lots of items caught my eye and what with it being 3 for 2 on all of their products, I started swatching and putting things into my basket.

I have been wanting to get my hands on a few of the new Ultra HD Lipsticks (£7.99) for a while now and I decided to pick up the shades 'Orchid' and 'Hibiscus.' Orchid is a gorgeous bright fuchsia that packs a real punch and Hibiscus is a lovely orange/coral colour, which is perfect for this time of year. I have already tried these two out to test them and I love how they feel on the lips. They are so lightweight and feel more like a buttery balm than a lipstick! The fact that they are glossy rather than matte means that the lipsticks are not that long-lasting but they are beautiful nonetheless!

Most of the nail varnishes in my collection are red, pink and purple hues (apart from the odd nude or sparkly number,) so I wanted to pick up a blue shade that would be perfect for this summer. I have heard from countless bloggers that the ColorStay Gel Envy Nail Polish (£6.99) collection is really great, so I opted for the shade called 'Full House.' I am really excited to test this polish out as it is supposed to mimic real gel nails - aka super shiny and chip-resistant. 

Lastly, there was an amazing deal where if you purchased three items you would receive a Lash Potion Grow Luscious Mascara (worth £9.99) for free! I opted for the waterproof version as even though I hate how difficult they are to remove if you don't have an oil-based make-up remover or cleanser to hand, I know that waterproof formulas hold a curl incredibly well. I have very straight and fine eyelashes and even when I use eyelash curlers, they tend to drop pretty quickly. I'll be sure to give this mascara a try and report back soon!

So, those are the four Revlon products that I managed to pick up using my Boots points earlier in the week. Have you tried any of these products before? What make-up items have you hauled recently? Let me know by popping a comment in the box down below!

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Ultra HD Lipsticks. I'm not too keen on lip colours that feel drying so these sound perfect. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give them a try :) they feel so comfortable on the lips xx

      Delete
  2. Love the colour of that nail varnish!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Taylor! I tried it for the first time yesterday and it dries so fast too! x

      Delete