Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Saturday 26 September 2015

My All-Time Favourite Drugstore Lip Product


Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks are by far my favourite lip product from the drugstore! I have spoken about them a couple of times now here on my blog and I still cannot get enough of them; especially now I have added a new shade to my collection, as it has made me rekindle my love for them even more! These liquid lipsticks certainly deserve to be raved about as much as possible in my opinion.

First of all, let's just talk about the formulation... it's truly amazing! Velvet is definitely the correct name for this range as these lipsticks glide on so smoothly and feel really buttery on the lips. Of course, liquid lipsticks have a bit of a reputation of drying out your lips but these ones are surprisingly comfortable to wear. They have minimal tackiness to them and are no where as sticky as some other products that I have tried in the past. Plus, at only £8.99, they are much more affordable than say Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick for example.

There are currently 12 shades in the range but I have heard that a few more are being released very shortly in time for autumn. However, below are swatches of the four shades that I own right now from left to right; 01 Personne ne Rouge, 02 Frambourjoise, 10 Don't Pink Of It & 12 Beau Brun.


In the photograph above, the swatches look glossy but after a few minutes they dry down to a lovely mate finish! I have become obsessed with matte formulas over the last year or so because they make bold colours much easier to wear, as they are less likely to transfer or fade throughout the day. I have to say that my favourite shade of the bunch is definitely the newest edition to my collection, Don't Pink Of It, which I featured in my latest Boots haul. I have only had this shade for about a week but I already love it because it is a great everyday shade that does with almost any make-up look or outfit! As for my favourite bold shade, it would have to be Frambourjoise - which is a stunning bright pink shade.

Overall, I think that the Rouge Edition Velvet range is the best lip product in the drugstore for so many reasons. I think they are just incredible! Have you tried out this product before? If so, please let me know in the comment below what is your favourite shade to wear and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment