Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Lush Skincare Empties


I am rather surprised that I have never done a Lush empties blog post before because as you all know by now, I am a Lush addict! The main reason that I tend to hang on to any Lush packaging is because if you take five empty pots back to a store, you receive a free face mask! I love schemes like this (similar to the Back To MAC one) because not only do you get a free product in return, but it feels great to know that you are doing your bit to recycle too! Furthermore, let's jump right into my five empty products and hear what I thought about them, shall we?

Tea Tree Water Toner - £4.50
I loved this toner water so much because it didn't strip my skin like some harsher toners with lots of chemicals in them do! This spray is super refreshing to use after cleansing and the tea tree helps to calm down any blemishes or redness on my skin. It can be either spritzed straight onto your face like a mist or onto a cotton pad so that you can then gently wipe it across your face. I tended to alternate between the two methods depending on how I felt on the day to be honest!

Mask Of Magnaminty Face Mask - £5.75
Although this mask didn't smell the greatest, I did like the effects that it had on my skin. It was really cooling upon application because all of Lush's face masks are fresh and must be kept in the fridge! It always left my skin feeling very calm and rejuvenated. I got about four or five uses out of this mask and I always put on a very generous and thick layer! It's not my favourite mask of theirs that I have tried but it is still one of the best in my opinion.

Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask - £5.75
Now on to my preferred mask of choice, 'Catastrophe Cosmetic.' I love its blueberry scent but the thing I love the most about this mask in particular is its texture. This mask definitely feels more clay-like and so it's really great at combating the oiliness of my skin. It is also excellent at soothing the skin, reducing the size of my spots and improving its overall texture. This mask is a must have for me and I need to re-purchase it ASAP!

Dark Angels Cleanser - £6.95
The reason that I used this cleanser was purely for its exfoliating purposes rather than its cleansing properties. Its gritty charcoal-based texture not only sloughed away any dead skin on my face but it also soaked up an excess oil on the surface of it too! The only downside to this product is that its really messy to use but if you are careful, cleaning it up afterwards doesn't take too long at all. In my eyes, this is just a small price to pay for such a lovely product!

Ultrabland Cleanser - £11.95
Last but not least is my holy grail cleanser, 'Ultrabland.' I have used quite a few cleansing balm and oils to remove my make-up but none have ever compared to this one, hence why I mention it so often here on my blog! I love knowing that I am using a product on my skin with lots of natural ingredients in it too, as they make my skin feel so nourished afterwards. This cleanser melts down even the heaviest of make-up looks with ease and that's why I love it so much! It is very rich and thick in texture but it never clogs up my skin, which is always a bonus. 

So guys, those are the five empties that I have to show to you today. I hope that you found my mini reviews helpful! Have you ever tried ant skincare products from Lush and if so, what did you think of them? I would love to know - so, please leave me a comment down below with your thoughts and suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. Mask of Magnaminty is actually the only skincare product from lush that i've tried (and I LOVED it) but I'm more for the bath stuff. I definitely think I'm going to try the Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask, as I do suffer from oily skin!!
    Love the photo on this post btw xxxx

    Eden x / edenroses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their bath bits more too but I have found quite a few hidden gems in their skin at range! I think you'll love Catastrophe Cosmetic then, let me know if you give it a try :) thank you for your lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Mask of Magnaminty. I've read quite a few reviews & feel like it will really help my skin! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely product, as long as you can get past the smell of it :) let me know if you give it a try Jordan! xx

      Delete