Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday 13 April 2015

My 5 Spring/Summer Goals


Hi guys, today's post is a little different to my usual fashion & beauty offerings, however, I wanted to write a blog post that means a lot to me! Lately, I have been thinking a lot about what I want to achieve as we go into spring and summer. If you have been following my blog for a while now; you may or may not know that I have suffered with anxiety & panic attacks since I was about 10 years old and my condition has gotten a lot worse over the past few years. My anxiety affects a lot of aspects in my life including social events, travelling and working. So much so, that I have actually been unemployed for quite a while now due to the fact that the thought of being back in a workplace is something that overwhelms me every single day. 

With that in mind, I have decided that this year is the year that I am going to change my circumstances and try to make my life both fun and well-rounded once again! So, I wanted to share a few of my goals that I aim to accomplish this year!

1. Go on more adventures
My anxiety has stopped me from doing a lot of things in the past and I always feel like I am missing out on some of the best years of my life. I feel like I need to embrace being a young, almost 21 year old a little more! Whether its stepping out of my comfort zone by saying 'yes' to that party or finally going away for a special trip with my boyfriend of over a year. I want to explore a little more and say a big f*** you to my horrible anxieties that have been holding me back all this time!

2. Find a part-time job
Now that I feel a little more stable what with having regular counselling sessions and a medication that works for me, I want to ease myself back into a working environment. I feel like getting a part-time job is now something that feels a lot more manageable to me. I definitely don't want to go back into full-time employment straight away, as I don't want to overwhelm myself, but this goal seems like the perfect stepping stone.

3. Become healthier
Due to being at home so much, I often have the tendency to eat out of boredom and even though I have always been a petite girl, I have noticed my weight start creeping up on me. Although I am not super unhealthy, snacking is a bad habit of mine and I would like to keep it in check and to lose a few pounds before slipping back into my pretty summer dresses. I would also like to start doing some light yet enjoyable exercise to shift those calories and to release lots of feel-good endorphins into my body. Apparently, exercise is a great outlet for those with anxiety!

4. Appreciate my life 
As I am an avid worrier, I feel like I sometimes forget to simply stop and look around me. Although I have my problems and my struggles, just like everybody does, I am still an incredibly lucky person! I have a supportive family, great friends and a lovely boyfriend who all care about me a great deal. I have three meals a day, a roof over my head and lots of luxuries that others simply do not. I definitely need to remember that more often!

5. Gain more confidence
Last but not least, I want to finally find my inner confidence. I am my own worst critic and I think I need to remember not to be so hard on myself. Who cares if there's a photo of me from a night out where I'm not looking my best or if I have a pimple. I need to remember that we are all beautiful in our own way, even if it is hard to think of yourself in that way sometimes!

Although this was an extremely different post to normal, I hope that you enjoyed reading about my hopes and aspirations for the up an coming months. I am hoping to achieve all of these goals over the next few months, as I really want to better myself and my life. I hope I can somehow inspire some of you to do the same too! Do you have any goals that you would like to put into motion this spring/summer? Please let me know by leaving a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely need to do the last 3 too! I annoy myself with my worrying about nothing basically! Good Luck acheiving your Summer goals :)

    Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worrying is such a pain, isn't it Zandra! Thank you :) I hope that you achieve your goals this summer too! Xx

      Delete