Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday 8 April 2013

Writing Inspiration


I have read quite a few books lately, seeing as I have a lot of spare time on my hands nowadays. Each of these books have made me feel like I can relate to them in some way - the emotions that they portray of young adults, and the way their minds work, is really quite amazing. Seeing as this is swiftly becoming a very popular book, I though that I would mention 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green. I really liked the way in which the author did not make the story into a typical cancer story, it had a lot more depth and underlying messages than that. I am really looking forward to reading some more of John Green's work soon, I think that I am going to read 'Looking For Alaska' next! 

I have been considering writing something of my own for a long time but I think I need to put in a lot of ground work before I can achieve this. I did very well at English at school, but as I dropped out of college after a mere two months, I feel like I may need to do some writing courses and broaden my horizons before I can consider writing my own material (to a good enough standard.) I need to read more classic books to widen my vocabulary and so on. Also, I am lacking inspiration. I have no idea as of yet of what I would want to write about, but I am hoping this will come in time. All I know for now is that maybe I would like to pursue creative writing a little further...

No comments:

Post a Comment