Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Tuesday 30 April 2013

My Current Random Favourites

Hi guys, seeing as it is now the end of April (I cannot believe how quick it's gone,) I thought I would show you a few of my favourite things that I have been using lately.  



1. Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish in 819 Green With Envy
I have been loving this Rimmel nail varnish this month. Firstly, I love Rimmel's 60 Seconds range as I am so impatient when it comes to waiting for my nails to dry, and this polish does dry relatively quickly. Secondly, the bluey-green colour is beautiful and bold, especially when you apply two coats like I do. Also, the varnish is pretty chip resistant, as I have been wearing it for the past week almost and it still looks pretty much freshly applied. Lastly, you cannot deny that this nail varnish is a great price - I picked mine up from Boots for £3.69!



2. Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' Perfume (50ml)
I love this perfume as it is not too over-powering or sweet. The light scent is perfect for me as a daytime perfume, as it is floral and fresh. As you can see, I have used well over two thirds of the bottle as I use it most days. My parents bought me this perfume when they were abroad in Italy as it was much cheaper out there, but you can pick up this size bottle in the UK for about £45.00 or so, depending on where you buy it from.



3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush
This lip crayon has been my favourite for a few months now, I bought it a little while back for £7.99 in Boots. It is a gorgeous berry colour and it is so moisturising too. I love how the balm smells like peppermint and how it makes your lips tingle upon application. I always use this shade on a night out because it is so pigmented and long-lasting - I barely need to re-apply (even when I am out until 3am!) A problem I often come across using regular lipstick on a night out is that it easily smudges and can also transfer on to my teeth if I am not careful. However, this stain does not budge and so I do not have to worry at all. The balm also comes in many different colours - I want to try the shade 'Lovesick' next, which is a stunning bright pink colour. 




4. Sims 3 University Life Expansion Pack
I know that this is a very random thing to include in my favourites, seeing as every other item has been beauty related, but I just couldn't resist. I recently bought this expansion pack as I am a bit of a Sims geek and this expansion pack is so fun. There is so much that you can do with your Sim at univeristy. There are six different majors that they can study, and you can also make your Sim become a jock, nerd or rebel. There a plenty of college parties to attend where your Sim can play beer pong, do a keg stand or streak! I definitely recommend this expansion pack to any of you who are fellow Sims nerds! For those of you who want to try it out yourself, the cheapest copy I found from a trusted and well-known company was Argos which cost £24.99.

I hope that you all enjoyed reading about my current favourite products. If any of you have used any of the things above, I would love to know your opinions on them so please leave a comment below :) 

4 comments:

  1. I love the Sims, not played it in years but used to be obsessed!
    < a href="http://www.emmakatelewis.com ">emmakatelewis.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really addictive game Emma! Thank you for commenting :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh my I haven't played on the Sims in years!! I want to find mine now! And I do love Marc Jacobs Daisy, and the bottle!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Daisy's scent and packaging! Thank you for commenting Belle :) x

      Delete