Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

Monday 19 January 2015

My New Hair Styling Saviour!


One of the main problems that I have with my hair is that it always lacks volume and texture. I have really fine and straight hair, which means that it is often incredibly hard to style. Most of the time, I use my GHD's to create soft curls in my hair to give it some more dimension and volume. However, the curls will always drop quite significantly throughout the day - even if a use a heavy duty, strong hairspray! So, you can imagine that I am very pleased that there are now thousands of volumising and texturising sprays on the market! 

As I'm sure many of you are aware, Oribe's Dry Texturising Spray has become quite the cult product amongst many bloggers and YouTubers but the downside is that it's quite pricey! Furthermore, plenty of high street brands have jumped on the texturising spray bandwagon and there are now lots of great and affordable alternatives to choose from! With this in mind, the dupe that I want to talk about today is L'Oréal's Studio Line Volume Supersizing Spray.

After browsing the aisles of Boots last week, I came across this product and immediately put it into my basket and headed towards the till. What really drew me in was the price point in all honestly, as this huge can costs a mere £3.79! Plus, I trust L'Oréal as a brand and decided that there was no harm in giving it a go - and I'm glad I did! This spray did absolute wonders for my hair in terms of refreshing my style throughout the day by giving it some gritty texture and lift. As my curls dropped through out the day, I simply sprayed a little bit of the product onto my hair, scrunched it a little and my hair looked bouncy and voluminous once again!

I have fallen head over heels for this product in a number of days but there is still one negative aspect that I have noticed about it! As the bottle claims, it adds instant matte texture to your hair (which it does) but that can leave you hair feeling rather dry at times. So, I always have to make sure that I deeply condition my hair the next time I wash it in order to keep it feeling soft. Because of this, I am not going to be using this product everyday but when I do, I know that I'm always going to have a good hair day! Overall, I absolutely love this new addition to my hair styling collection and I would highly recommend it to anybody with hair similar to mine. Plus, it's a real bargain too, which makes it a winner in my eyes!

What do you do to inject some more volume into your hair? What is your favourite texturising spray and why? Please let me know as I am always looking for new product recommendations and tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment